:)

:)

Monday, July 18, 2016

Hello World!

I am excited to join the blog world! I teach 4th grade in California - Bay Area. This 2016-2017 school year will mark my fourth year as a teacher, but my first year in with different title. This year, I am a part time 4th grade teacher, part time instructional coach.

What does this mean??

Well, what the job entails is:
- Co-teaching with my INCREDIBLE co-worker Kathy.
- When I'm not teaching in the classroom, I will be coaching other teachers at my school, and another school in the district.
- As a coach, I will be visiting other classrooms often.
- I have to share a classroom.
- This is a temporary, one year position, with the possibility of extension.

What those things mean to ME:
- A few days out of the year, Kathy will teach at the same time! TWO credentialed teachers in the room at one time?? Wahoo! Dance party - go!
- Half the parent/teacher conferences, half the report cards, half the planning & prepping!
- New Classroom ideas! I will share K-5 classroom ideas & photos :)
- I am giving up my room for a year or more... so, what do I leave behind? What must come with me? What do I put in storage so I can have it if I go back to full time teaching in a year?
- What will I be doing in a year? Do I settle in to my new position, or get ready to have my own class again next year?

Like most teachers, I get ansty/excited to get in my classroom at the start of the year. My school has a policy where teachers can not get into the classrooms until mid-August. Now, this is good and bad.

Good - it forces me to relax, and recharge! If I had my keys, I would be in there every day! We need a break :)
Bad - SO many things I want to do, and I will have SO little time to do it.

So for now, I try not to think about it. There's not much I can do, right?

Except: instagram, pinterest, & buy all the things at Target....
(instagram: @teach.coach.prep.repeat )



For a teacher who is trying to figure out where to put all the stuff she already has, buying more classroom items is not the brightest thing to do :)



No comments:

Post a Comment